Your chance to explore creative courses, apprenticeships, and careers – all in one place. Book your place today.
Create Your Future is an exciting, free event jam-packed with all things creative careers – from art, design, journalism, and music, to drama, fashion, and beyond.
During your visit, you can:
- talk to unis, colleges, and conservatoires about their creative courses
- chat to employers about creative apprenticeships
- speak to current students, apprentices, and employees about their experiences
- take part in hands-on workshops and watch live talks from creative industry experts
- watch live performances from current students
.... and much more
You can book an individual ticket for the event or bring your parents with you. You should ask your school or college if there’s a trip being planned for your year group.
I liked being able to hear talented students sing or perform on stage during the exhibition, and also nearly all universities brought graduate students for certain subjects to allow us to ask questions, since they have already experienced the course.
What I loved about Create Your Future was talking to tutors and students, and understanding the courses and the unis, all in one place. Everyone was very helpful, and I really loved all the bands that played. Great atmosphere.
Top tips to help you get the most out of your event
The best way to make the most of your visit to Create Your Future is to do some pre-event prep. Follow these steps to get started:
Choose your top five exhibitors
Check the exhibitor list for your event and see what they have to offer. Plan at least five you’d like to speak to on the day. While you’re there, you can ask exhibitors to scan your ticket so they can send you more info after the event.
Plan some questions to ask...
Questions to ask unis and colleges
- What makes your creative course stand out?
- What are the entry requirements?
- What are you looking for in a portfolio or audition?
- What have your students gone on to do since graduating?
Questions for students and apprentices
- What do you love most about your course/apprenticeship?
- What did you include in your portfolio and application?
- Do you have any tips for getting a place?
- What’s the social life like?
Questions to ask employers
- What skills do you look for in an apprentice?
- What are the entry requirements for your apprenticeship?
- What is the application and interview process like?
- What types of apprenticeships do you have?
Visitor bookings and ticket queries:
Email us at: [email protected]
Call us on: 01242 544808